Monday, June 1, 2009

Page I

Well, this is my first blog so I guess I should start by introducing myself:

I am a 23 year young individual based in NJ with the passion for all things beautiful. I've always dreamed about becoming an artist ever since I was little. I knew I had a knack for it. Anything and everything I could get my hands on could be turned into art. Over the years I've learned and worked to better my skills and better my portfolio. Every step I've taken in life was to get myself closer to my goal of becoming an artist, and now, with years of training and experience under my belt, I realized that I have no idea how to go about achieving my dream.

It's confusing, it's hard, it's a challenge. After schooling and training, you know nothing on how to deal with the realities of the art world. I've networked, I've sent out portfolios, I've sent out emails, and nothing yet. It doesn't help that the economy isn't as stable as I would like it to be. This journey is harder than I thought it would be! The trials and tribulations, as taxing as they may be, won't deter me from my quest, nor will it weaken my resolve. This is my dream, a dream I have worked hard for and I will get there, in time.

Each day, each email, each print, painting, publisher and post, are things that help me build my watercolor wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment